Acupuncture near Gwinnett County, GA
Acupuncture is an effective form of health care that has evolved into a complete holistic medical system. Practitioners of acupuncture and Chinese medicine have used this non-invasive medical system to diagnosis and help millions of people get well and stay healthy. An acupuncturist will place fine, sterile needles at specific acupoints on the body. This activates the body’s Qi (pronounced “chee”) and promotes natural healing by enhancing recuperative power, immunity and physical and emotional health. It can also improve overall function and well-being. It is a safe, painless and effective way to treat a wide variety of medical problems.Inside of you is an intelligent, energetic system that maintains health and balance
Acupuncture is an ancient healing art originating in China over 5,000 years ago. In ancient times, Chinese people found sharpened metal would relieve pain. After years of experience, it was found that certain points can be connected and related to certain disease. That is how acupuncture point and meridian was discovered. Today meridian, the energy channel where Qi flows, can be detected through equipment.
The meridian has 12 standard and eight extra channels on both sides of the body, no matter what your age or race, the map of energy flow is the same. Meridian systems only can be found in living people. Once they die, the meridian does not exist anymore. By inserting hair thin needles to specific spots, the energy flow of the body can be balanced dynamically, thus giving the person the most flexibility to maintain health. Certain hormones like endorphins will be released to give the body a sense of well being, similar to the feeling during exercise. Serotonin levels can be adjusted as well to relieve pain through the brain stem.
Request an appointment
What Our Customers Say
Highly recommended! Visiting Atlanta and chanced upon Dr. Liu because her office was near the hotel I was staying in. She is highly qualified, has excellent bedside manners and is... read more
May 18, 2018
Great for fertility programs, who ever is ready to make a baby’s for their family. Dr li liu is very passionate and very helpful, thank you dr li liu for... read more
June 28, 2020
Terminology for acupuncture:
1. Qi (pronounced “chee”)— The vital energy which flows through all living things. Good Qi has positive effect on health, bad Qi has negative effect on health.
2. Meridian—–The energy channel where Qi flows. The body has twelve regular and eight extra meridians. Each meridian is connected to specific organs and glands. Acupuncture needles are inserted on various points on the meridians.
3. Moxibustion—–Burning the herb called mugwort on or over the skin. It is excellent to relieve chronic pain and soft tissue injury.
4. Acupressure/Tui Na Massage— Chinese bodywork that helps to enhance the energy, blood flow and stop the pain. Hundreds of techniques can be applied to the muscles, joints or skin using the doctor’s hands or feet. This massage technique is used to stimulate the meridians and help the flow of Qi.
5. Cupping—–Glass, bamboo or plastic jars are applied on the skin by a vacuum technique to improve the blood circulation and increase warmth. Cupping could leave red marks on the skin but will disappear within 5 to 7 days.
6. Three Edged-Needle Therapy——-The only effective way for chronic, tough conditions. Best used to avoid surgery.
What will my Acupuncturist do?
Why do they want to feel my pulse?
Why do they want to look at my tongue?
How many treatments will I need?
How much does it cost?
Insurance coverage varies from state to state. Please contact your insurance provider to learn what kind of care is covered or not covered.
NOTE: All clients are responsible for paying for all treatments and visits at time of service. We do not file insurance claims, but will assist with the necessary paper work needed to submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement.
Is acupuncture safe for children?
Acupuncture clinic & service near Gwinnett County, GA
Gwinnett County is a suburban county of Atlanta in the north central portion of the U.S. state of Georgia. As of 2019, the population is estimated to be 936,250, making it the second-most populous county in Georgia. Its county seat is Lawrenceville. The county is named for Button Gwinnett, one of the signatories of the Declaration of Independence.
Gwinnett County is included in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is located about 10 miles northeast of Atlanta’s city limits.