Acupuncture near Dunwoody, GA
Acupuncture is an effective form of health care that has evolved into a complete holistic medical system. Practitioners of acupuncture and Chinese medicine have used this non-invasive medical system to diagnosis and help millions of people get well and stay healthy. An acupuncturist will place fine, sterile needles at specific acupoints on the body. This activates the body’s Qi (pronounced “chee”) and promotes natural healing by enhancing recuperative power, immunity and physical and emotional health. It can also improve overall function and well-being. It is a safe, painless and effective way to treat a wide variety of medical problems.Inside of you is an intelligent, energetic system that maintains health and balance
Acupuncture is an ancient healing art originating in China over 5,000 years ago. In ancient times, Chinese people found sharpened metal would relieve pain. After years of experience, it was found that certain points can be connected and related to certain disease. That is how acupuncture point and meridian was discovered. Today meridian, the energy channel where Qi flows, can be detected through equipment.
The meridian has 12 standard and eight extra channels on both sides of the body, no matter what your age or race, the map of energy flow is the same. Meridian systems only can be found in living people. Once they die, the meridian does not exist anymore. By inserting hair thin needles to specific spots, the energy flow of the body can be balanced dynamically, thus giving the person the most flexibility to maintain health. Certain hormones like endorphins will be released to give the body a sense of well being, similar to the feeling during exercise. Serotonin levels can be adjusted as well to relieve pain through the brain stem.
What is acupuncture and how does it help?
Modern research has demonstrated acupuncture’s effects on the nervous system, endocrine and immune systems, cardiovascular system, and digestive system. By stimulating the body’s various systems, acupuncture can help to resolve pain, and improve sleep, digestive function, and sense of well-being.
Does acupuncture really work?
Acupuncture has long been recognized as an effective treatment for chronic pain. In 2012, a study found acupuncture was better than no acupuncture or simulated acupuncture for the treatment of four chronic pain conditions: Back and neck pain.
How does acupuncture relieve pain?
Traditional Chinese acupuncture involves the insertion of extremely fine needles into the skin at specific “acupoints.” This may relieve pain by releasing endorphins, the body’s natural pain-killing chemicals, and by affecting the part of the brain that governs serotonin, a brain chemical involved with mood.
Did Acupuncture Help You Get Pregnant? Should you get acupuncture for fertility?
While getting poked and prodded might not seem like the most appealing way to boost your fertility, some research has shown that acupuncture may help women conceive. It doesn’t hurt that it also may relieve stress and help you relax, which also may increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Request an appointment
What Our Customers Say
Highly recommended! Visiting Atlanta and chanced upon Dr. Liu because her office was near the hotel I was staying in. She is highly qualified, has excellent bedside manners and is... read more
May 18, 2018
i came in originally for a soft tissue injury to my foot . conventional medicine was only concerned with time ( which i didn’t have ) and pain killers (... read more
July 3, 2020
Terminology for acupuncture:
1. Qi (pronounced “chee”)— The vital energy which flows through all living things. Good Qi has positive effect on health, bad Qi has negative effect on health.
2. Meridian—–The energy channel where Qi flows. The body has twelve regular and eight extra meridians. Each meridian is connected to specific organs and glands. Acupuncture needles are inserted on various points on the meridians.
3. Moxibustion—–Burning the herb called mugwort on or over the skin. It is excellent to relieve chronic pain and soft tissue injury.
4. Acupressure/Tui Na Massage— Chinese bodywork that helps to enhance the energy, blood flow and stop the pain. Hundreds of techniques can be applied to the muscles, joints or skin using the doctor’s hands or feet. This massage technique is used to stimulate the meridians and help the flow of Qi.
5. Cupping—–Glass, bamboo or plastic jars are applied on the skin by a vacuum technique to improve the blood circulation and increase warmth. Cupping could leave red marks on the skin but will disappear within 5 to 7 days.
6. Three Edged-Needle Therapy——-The only effective way for chronic, tough conditions. Best used to avoid surgery.
What will my Acupuncturist do?
Why do they want to feel my pulse?
Why do they want to look at my tongue?
How many treatments will I need?
How much does it cost?
Insurance coverage varies from state to state. Please contact your insurance provider to learn what kind of care is covered or not covered.
NOTE: All clients are responsible for paying for all treatments and visits at time of service. We do not file insurance claims, but will assist with the necessary paper work needed to submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement.
Is acupuncture safe for children?
Cities We Serve with Acupuncture Services
Dunwoody is a city located in DeKalb County, Georgia, United States. As a northern suburb of Atlanta, Dunwoody was incorporated as a city on December 1, 2008 but its area establishment dates back to the early 1830s. As of 2019, the city has a population of 49,356, up from 46,267 in the 2010 Census.